Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

On 20/01/15 16:00, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> It would be great if the maintainer could *always* receive the mail
> when mailing to nnn@, and not just under obscure conditions. For
> instance, I've been told by some maintainers that if the bug is
> reassigned, the maintainer doesn't receive the mail!

In this situation "the maintainer" is not unique. The maintainer of the
package that previously had the bug does receive the mail, but the
maintainer of the package that now has the bug doesn't.

For instance suppose there's an apparent bug in hello that is actually a
symptom of an underlying bug in libc6, and I send: