Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

Firstly, I should say: I'm sorry that I got the design of this wrong
when I set up the BTS.  I hadn't appreciated at the time that bug
reports are actually (amongst other things) ad-hoc mailing lists.

Paul Wise writes ("Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]"):
> Personally, I think subscriptions should work like this:
>
> The default should be to auto-subscribe submitters and contributors to bugs.

Yes for submitters.

No for contributors; that wouldn't be very opt-in.  Instead,
contributors should get an auto-subscribe confirmation request email
when they first email a particular bug.

> Every email address can have an auto-subscribe value associated with
> it to override that.

This would be nice but is IMO not essential.

Thanks,
Ian.