Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports

Hi,

Am Montag, den 19.01.2015, 19:41 +1000 schrieb Russell Stuart:
> Debian's bug submission mechanism does not try to verify you control the
> email address you are submitting from.

At least trac allows you to put other people’s email address in the CC
header, at least in some configurations.

> Most other bug tracking systems
> do such authentication, usually by requiring you to create an account.
> Since there is no verification it becomes trivial to sign someone up to
> 1000's of bugs using a script.

There are easier way to annoy people. I would not worry too much about
this. At least not until we have evidence of this being a real problem.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner