Re: django-ajax-selects lintian errors/warnings

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> So the reference to bootstrap.js needs to be patched out to refer to a
> static location which can be put in place using a Depends in
> debian/rules.

Still trying to work out how this could work. What path should I put in
bootstrap.js?

STATIC_URL is configured by the application that uses
django-ajax-selects. We have no idea what it might be set to. So we
cannot hardcode any path into bootstrap.js

Also, bootstrap.js is also a static file, so we cannot use
{{ STATIC_URL }} here.

> Isn't bootstrap.js doing that already? If bootstrap.js is part of
> upstream, using bootstrap.js brings in an external jquery.

bootstrap.js is a NOP if jquery and jquery-ui has already been loaded by
the application.

> I provided links for scripts which do exactly this last time, these:
>
> https://git.linaro.org/lava/lava-server.git/blob/HEAD:/share/javascript.py
> https://git.linaro.org/lava/lava-server.git/blob/HEAD:/share/javascript.yaml

What calls javascript.py? Is it somehow called by setup.py?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>