Re: Putting default config files in /usr [was; (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.]

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:08:04PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
You can also find database in text files with a checksum so you cannot
modify them by hand (I am looking at the cn=config slapd database
here).

In a future slapd revision I hope to move those to /var, as they are in practice internal state of slapd, to which the ldap*(1) and slap*(8) tools are the appropriate interface. Pending finding sufficient tuits...