Re: An abrupt End to Debian Live

On Mon, 2015-11-09 at 17:47 +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> An abrupt End to Debian Live

As a person who recently used Debian Live to set up a PXE boot image
after trying several different alternatives including debian-cd, I am
sorry to hear this and sad to see debian-live go.  It will be missed, by
me at least.  It saved me a lot of time.

Not only that, but it was an impressive piece of software that as a DD I
was proud to point to.  I've built live boot systems from RedHat,
debian-installer, DSL and a number of others over the years.  Nothing
else came close to debian-live in flexibility.  It was literally a
breath of fresh air to me - the tool everyone in working in that space
should be emulating.  Despite it's flexibility it also managed to be
simple to use - it did what it said on the box, the documentation was
good and the interface was straightforward to use.

All in all, a credit to those who designed it and worked on it.  I wish
you all well.