Re: #791857 ITP: daemonize -- tool to run a command as a daemon

On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:23:55 +0200 Martín Ferrari wrote:
> > Does this have any advantage over start-stop-daemon?
>
> I can say that it does: start-stop-daemon misses some functionality you
> need for programs that don't daemonise and log to stdout/stderr, which
> is something I needed only last week. Having said that, I think that
> 'daemon' does everything that 'daemonize' does and more.

So basically "daemonize" is a "duende" [1] without syslog support?

"daemon" [2] looks powerful but not easy to drop privileges, manage PID file
and log to syslog, comparing to "duende"...

[1]: https://packages.debian.org/unstable/duende
[2]: https://packages.debian.org/unstable/daemon

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

Do your duty as you see it, and damn the consequences.
        -- George S. Patton