Re: [DH] Planning to remove deprecated commands and compat levels in debhelper

Niels Thykier:
> Hi,
>
> EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
> =================
>
> I am planning to remove the following features/commands in debhelper in
> the near future:
>
>  * compat level 1,2 and 3.
>
> All of the listed commands do nothing except a deprecation warning.
> Please see "BACKGROUND AND NUMBERS" for more information.  You may also
> want to have a look at "FUTURE REMOVALS".
>

> [...]

Hi,

I have committed the relevant changes to the debhelper repository to
remove support for compat 1+2.

 * I expect the next debhelper release to be less than 2 weeks away

Updates on the bugs:

 * A total of 12 packages using compat 1+2 has been fixed/removed out
   of 64.
   - 59 unconditional, plus 5 uses of "DH_COMPAT=2 dh_foo"

 * 10 packages (out of 73) no longer uses compat 3 (or got removed)

If your packages are using deprecated debhelper features, please
consider updating them soon (notably if they are relying on compat 1 or 2).

Thanks,
~Niels