Re: Question about flashplugin-nonfree

> Dear Debian-devel,
>
> Currently, Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player.
>
> ...These updates address critical vulnerabilities that could potentially
> allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Adobe is aware of
> a report that an exploit for CVE-2015-7645 is being used in limited,
> targeted attacks.
> https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-27.html
>
> I suggest two ways to update flashplugin:
>
>     - Execute update-flashplugin-nonfree --install --verbose or apt-get
> install --reinstall flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Should not this happen automatically?

to help: https://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

    Albino

Hello Albino,

The problem is that most Debian users to update the system using apt-get update && apt-get upgrade or the like.
Thus the flash plugin is not updated and the security problem will persist.

I believe that the flash update should be automatic because no update is a security problem.

Regards,

--
Marcio de Souza Oliveira
http://www.respirandoti.com.br