Bug#802468: ITP: spectral-cube -- Read, manipulate, analyze, and write astronomical data cubes
Owner: Ole Streicher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : spectral-cube
Version : 0.3
Upstream Author : Adam Ginsburg et al.
* URL : http://spectral-cube.readthedocs.org
* License : BSD-3-Clause
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Read, manipulate, analyze, and write astronomical data cubes
The spectral-cube package provides an easy way to read, manipulate,
analyze, and write data cubes with two positional dimensions and one
spectral dimension, optionally with Stokes parameters.
spectral-cube aims to be a versatile data container for building custom
analysis routines. It provides the following main features:
* A uniform interface to spectral cubes, robust to the wide range of
conventions of axis order, spatial projections, and spectral units
that exist in the wild.
* Easy extraction of cube sub-regions using physical coordinates.
* Ability to easily create, combine, and apply masks to datasets.
* Basic summary statistic methods like moments and array aggregates.
* Designed to work with datasets too large to load into memory.
It will maintained within the Debian Astronomy Working Group. A git
repository will be created on alioth .