Re: ITP: sleepyhead -- Software for sleep tracking with focus on CPAP treatment

On Monday, September 28 2015, Paul Wise wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>
>> Further comments: the package bundles some libraries, so it will need to
>> be adjusted to meet DFSG.
>
> FYI: library bundling isn't a DFSG issue, unless the library is
> non-free of course. If the libraries are non-free then there is a DFSG
> issue even if they aren't bundled. So the DFSG and library bundling
> are orthogonal topics. Of course, bundling of libraries is against
> Debian policy:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

Thanks, Paul.  Then I should have said "Debian policy" instead of DFSG.
Anyway, the point is that it is possible to build the software without
the bundled libraries, so I prefer to do it this way.

Thanks

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36