Re: promoting virtualbox-dkms to virtualbox pre-depends

Hallo,
* Marc Haber [Wed, Sep 23 2015, 07:55:58PM]:
> [module-assistant]
>
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 18:24:54 +0200, Gianfranco Costamagna
> <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:
> >Hi, confirmed: it is still there.
>
> The Question is: Is it still supported?

I just typed "m-a a-i virtualbox" and it got me all modules installed
for my custom kernel. Admittedly, I haven't invested enough time into
its further development in the last years but it should be robust enough
to survive for a while.

And DKMS... oh, dear. Did they eventually manage to fix it, to not
blindly rely on /lib/modules/.../source (or build) symlinks as the
one and only source of information? Not having those links is like a
normal case with kernel+header packages built with make-kpkg on a fast
remote remote machine.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Rhonda> Und im irc hat man dir noch nie eine manpage lesen ans Herz gelegt?
<EISKALT> habe nie gerafft was die wollen