Re: binNMU or reproducible builds (choose only one)

Simon McVittie:
> On 17/09/15 21:53, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Ok. It may be worth to change the tool to do source-only uploads instead
> > (which, combined with the Arch: all autobuilder, should yield the
> > same result).
>
> BinNMUs don't upload any source at all. They instruct the autobuilders
> to run sbuild with some non-default options ("sbuild --binNMU=2
> --make-binNMU "Rebuild with foo 3" foo_1.2-3" will result in
> foo_1.2-3+b2_i386.changes, I think), and sbuild on each autobuilder
> downloads the foo_1.2-3.dsc that already exists in the archive.
>
> The only inherent conflict that I can see between binNMUs and
> reproducible builds is that all attempts to reproduce the original build
> need to prepend the same changelog entry as the original build, for
> example by copying them from the build info that will already be
> necessary to be able to use the same build-dependency versions.

This is already taken in account in the current `.buildinfo`
specification [1]:

    Changes

    Close to the one in `*.changes`. When source and binary versions
    differ, the field is added with the content of the extra changelog
    entries.

The field is already created by the experimental `dpkg-genbuildinfo` [2].
It is not yet implement in the `srebuild` script but it shouldn't be too
hard.

 [1]: https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/BuildinfoSpecification#buildinfo_field_descriptions
 [2]: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/reproducible/dpkg.git/tree/scripts/dpkg-genbuildinfo.pl?h=pu/reproducible_builds&id=c4665b80d7a042216145652ea3d1259b78ac6237#n246

(Please keep me Cc'ed on reply, I'm not subscribed to -devel.)

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism