Re: is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5?

* peter green <plugwash@p10link.net>, 2015-09-19, 06:29:
The unusual problems with the g++-5 transition are:
Another big one is the descision was taken NOT to change the sonames when making sub-transitions. I presume this was done to avoid deviating from upstream sonmaes

I don't think this is the reason. We don't change SONAMEs because it's a huge pain for maintainers. (Has anyone figured a straight-forward way to append arbitrary suffix to SONAME for packages that use libtool?)

--
Jakub Wilk