Re: Improving your archive and package system for small package

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to improve node situation we need to improve the small
>> packages problems.
>>
>> What are the main bottlenet ? What could be done to improve the situation
>> ?
>>
>> The node small package does not change often so it could be a win to
>> your archive size.
>> Moreover if we could solve this problem we could think about small
>> perl package or even tex package.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bastien
>>
>> PS: no flame war please. I am juste trying to package stuff for grunt
>> and I have a lot of package in the kB range.
>

> Hi Bastien,
>
> please read
> https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2015-June/010693.html
> and what follows.
>
> At this point anyone can help by writing some python code...

I was thinking generally, perl latex python have a lot of small
package. Each language could not come with its own solution. Maybe
creating a tool agregating small debian package in a big one. But
doing something only for javascript is not a solution.

Bastien