Re: system upgrade by systemd

 ❦ 25 août 2015 17:18 +0200, Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> :

> Can anyone tell me which package/configuration is reponsible for systemd
> running a package upgrade during bootup? I certainly never willingly
> configured this feature, but still have it. And for the second time it
> destroyed my system by deinstalling a lot of packages, instead of putting the
> conflicting packages on hold.

This is systemd-system-update-generator which adds a symlink to enable
the system-update target as a default target. Have a look at
systemd.generator(8) to know how to disable it (symlink to /dev/null in
/etc/systemd/system-generators/systemd-system-update-generator if I
understand correctly).
--
This was the most unkindest cut of all.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"