Re: Automated download/update of data files

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> On Aug 25, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
>> What is the best way to keep these data up to date in Debian? An
>> automated process as written in the pull request [1] is probably not the
>> right way, since it is a potential privacy violation. One could let the
> I am frankly tired of people screaming "privacy violation" at every
> automated process which interacts with the rest of the world.

I accept their concerns, even if I don't think that the download of the
UTC deviation could cause any privacy concern.

There are people who want to have full control how their systems
communicate, and they have a valid reason for that.  And Debian Policy
is to take them serious. So I will.

I just seek for a good way to make these people happy and have a good
user experience as well.

Being tired is not the way to go; solving issues is it. Being
constructive on your side would help much.

Best regards

Ole