Depend on a package from an other arch

Dear developpers,

I am trying to fix Debian bug #783875 [1]: playonlinux (which is arch
independant) should depend on the 32 bits version of wine. Therefore I
added a dependency on wine32|wine32-development, but it seems the
package will not migrate to testing [2], because wine32 is not available
on amd64.

Niels Thykier suggested on mentors that this could be an issue with the
testing migration code [3], so I send this question to debian-release@ too.

I thought I should instead add a dependency on wine32:any |
wine32-development:any and ask the wine maintainer to move to
multiarch:allowed. But the best source on this subject is an Ubuntu
one [4]. I cannot find any reliable Debian source about this and it
seems I was wrong [3].

Could you give me a pointer on this ? Or do you know any
package with a dependency on a package from an other arch ?

Thanks,
Bertrand

PS Please CC me as I am not subscribed to these lists.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=783875
[2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/playonlinux.html
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2015/08/msg00153.html
[4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec