Re: a script to help maintainers with renames for gcc packages

Hi Steve,

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> (2015-08-12):
> At Matthias's suggestion, I'm attaching here a script that I've been
> using in Ubuntu to trigger library package transitions for the g++5
> ABI change.  It needs a bit of tuning to be usable in Debian (for
> instance, you probably don't want to pull the source package from
> Ubuntu...  or try to write transition files to the Ubuntu instance of
> the release team transition tracker, as checked out on my local
> machine...  or upload a source package to the Debian archive without
> building/testing/including binaries), but hopefully it's a useful
> starting point for maintainers (or NMUers) who need to update their
> packages for this ABI change.

Thanks! Does the hazardous sed call touching debian/rules now account
for the dh_makeshlibs call(s) that might have been missed previously?

(I've hinted jmw in this direction a few days ago for libktoblzcheck1c2a
vs. libktoblzcheck1v5 as seen in NEW, and you might have been notified
afterwards; maybe fixing this was just a matter of throwing debian/rules
at the end of the said sed call, and all is well already.)

Mraw,
KiBi.