Re: Metapackage dependencies: "Depends" or "Recommends"?

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 05:30:07PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> >>
> >> Couldn't that be carved in stone^UPolicy?
> >
> > I admit I have not verified policy whether it is that drastically but
> > the paragraph above is what I understood as rough consensus in all
> > discussion about this.
>
> It seems that some ftp-masters have a different opinion about this. And
> the thread shows, that there are others that won't agree here (see the
> xfce argumentation).

That's why I wrote **rough** consensus.  There is some friction in the
threads about this (otherwise there would be no discussion) but my
reading of all threads was that most people agree upon "Recommends" and
the arguments sounded more convincing to me.  I agree that ironing out
this in policy precisely could help ending this kind of discussions.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de