Re: Metapackage dependencies: "Depends" or "Recommends"?

On 28/07/15 14:13, Ben Hutchings wrote:
Installation of a package from the 'metapackages' section does *not*
mark its dependencies as automatically installed.

This statement does not appear to be correct on my Debian jessie system using aptitude. I just experimentally marked the cinnamon-core package in the metapackages section "install this, please" in aptitude (without hitting the "go" button), and the dependencies I didn't already have installed are now showing in aptitude as "piA", not "pi".