Re: GitHub “pull request” is useful and can be easily integrated'’

* Ondřej Surý:

> Also it still doesn't solve the issue the quarrel here is about - you
> still need some account - in this case a local GitLab instance account
> (well, Alioth could be used if that's in LDAP) to contribute.

I don't quite understand this criticism.  Surely direct write access
to the repository always needs some sort of authentication step?

Git offers various ways to contribute to a repository without direct
write access.  For some high-profile projects, that's the only way to
contribute.

Maybe users of Git-something sites are more likely to reject
contributions over non-Git-something channels, but that's a social
issue and not really inherent to the services these sites provide.