Mass bug report filing: ‘python-lockfile’ API breakage in version 0.9

Howdy all,

Some Debian packages have a dependency on ‘python-lockfile’, without
accounting for the API breakage introduced in version 0.9 of that
package.

This breakage was announced in 2014-11 to package maintainers of the
reverse dependencies at that time; once copy of the message is at
<URL:https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-modules-team/2014-November/022840.html>.

The upgrade of ‘python-lockfile’ in Debian has now happened; Sid
contains “python-lockfile/1:0.10.2-1”. Packages which do not distinguish
this from versions prior to 0.9 need to correct that in their dependency
specifications.

I will file bug reports against packages in Sid today which have a
dependency on ‘python-lockfile’ that do not acknowledge the
incompatibility in version “python-lockfile >=0.9”.

I started with the output of::

    $ cat /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages \
        | grep-dctrl -F Depends,Recommends,Suggests \
            -s Package,Maintainer,Depends 'python-lockfile' \
        | sed -e 's/^Depends: .*\(python-lockfile[^,]*\),.*$/Depends: \1/'

and removed the ‘python-lockfile’ packages themselves. The result is 18
unique packages.

All of these now have the problem described above. None have
‘python-lockfile’ in any relationship other than Depends, which allows
me to present the command above simplified to present only that
relationship.

$ dd-list $( cat /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages \
    | grep-dctrl -F Depends,Recommends,Suggests \
        -s Package,Maintainer,Depends 'python-lockfile' \
    | sed -e 's/^Depends: .*\(python-lockfile[^,]*\),.*$/Depends: \1/' \
    | grep '^Package:' | cut -d ' ' -f 2 | sort | uniq )

Alexander Zangerl <az@debian.org>
   duplicity

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <asb@debian.org>
   libcloud (U)

Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
   lava-coordinator (U)
   lavapdu (U)

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>
   python-daemon

Cyril Bouthors <cyb@debian.org>
   nagios2mantis

Cyril Bouthors <cyril@boutho.rs>
   nagios2mantis (U)

Cyril Bouthors <cyril@bouthors.org>
   nagios2mantis (U)

David Watson <david@kutoken.com>
   python-lamson

David Watson <dwatson@debian.org>
   python-lamson (U)

Debian LAVA team <pkg-linaro-lava-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   lava-coordinator
   lavapdu

Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   libcloud

Diane Trout <diane@ghic.org>
   dnssec-trigger (U)

Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org>
   lava-coordinator (U)
   lavapdu (U)

Ghe Rivero <ghe.rivero@stackops.com>
   tuskar-ui (U)

Gonéri Le bouder <goneri@debian.org>
   nova (U)

Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri@debian.org>
   horizon (U)
   python-oslo.db (U)

gustavo panizzo <gfa@zumbi.com.ar>
   nova (U)

Gustavo Panizzo <gfa@zumbi.com.ar>
   cinder (U)

Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans@eds.org>
   libcloud (U)

Hugo Lefeuvre <hugo6390@orange.fr>
   spambayes (U)

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
   lava-coordinator (U)
   lavapdu (U)

Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org>
   ceilometer (U)
   designate (U)
   horizon (U)
   nova (U)
   python-oslo.db (U)
   tuskar-ui (U)

Matt Hart <matt@blacklabsystems.com>
   lavapdu (U)

Matthew Hart <matthew.hart@linaro.org>
   lavapdu (U)

Mehdi Abaakouk <sileht@sileht.net>
   ceilometer (U)
   designate (U)
   horizon (U)
   nova (U)
   python-oslo.db (U)

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
   lava-coordinator (U)
   lavapdu (U)

Nicolas Boulenguez <nicolas@debian.org>
   taskcoach

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@debian.org>
   dnssec-trigger

PKG OpenStack <openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   ceilometer
   cinder
   designate
   horizon
   murano
   nova
   python-oslo.db
   tuskar-ui

Python Applications Packaging Team <python-apps-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   spambayes

Soren Hansen <soren@ubuntu.com>
   libcloud (U)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
   ceilometer (U)
   cinder (U)
   designate (U)
   horizon (U)
   murano (U)
   nova (U)
   python-oslo.db (U)
   tuskar-ui (U)

--
 \      “How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.” |
  `\                                                      —Emo Philips |