Re: please use signed git commits (and tags)

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 09:51:41AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> On Sunday 24 May 2015 13:02:38 Thomas Koch wrote:
> > Git supports signing of commits since version 1.7.9. Everybody should sign
> > git commits always.
> There is however the argument that by signing every commit by default one may
> accidentally publish a signature on some unverified code and somebody else may
> trust this code because of this.

Much worse, do you trust all your development machines with your private
key?  I clearly don't, as I neither have sole control over them, nor are
all of them located in jurisdictions I can expect any help against
seizure.

Bastian

--
Yes, it is written.  Good shall always destroy evil.
		-- Sirah the Yang, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown