Re: Re: Upcoming mass-bug filing: GStreamer 0.10 removal

Hi Lisandro,

> I have just checked qt5's multimedia. The GStreamer 1.0 support will most
> probably be part of Qt 5.5.0, due to June/July.
>
> Worst case scenario: if you decide to go ahead with the removal before we can
> get 5.5.0 into the archive then I can simply disable gstreamer support on
> qtmultimedia. This means the package remains API/ABI stable, but giving no
> real audio/video to the user. Applications will not crash but will lack
> features until we can get the GStreamer 1.0 support. Ugly, but...

Even if I file RC bugs for GStreamer 0.10 now, it will take a few months
before it can actually be removed. So if Qt 5.5 is planned to be
released in June/July, there shouldn't be any problem for you.

Thanks for updating me about the Qt situation btw, I thought they
already finally released a stable version with GStreamer 1.x support. I
guess that was just people using the patches on top of older versions
then.

Sebastian