Re: Debian Archive architecture removals

On Tue, 05 May 2015 09:17:02 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

(replying only to -devel)

> * Appearing on packages' and maintainers' PTS
> pages like http://buildd.debian.org/bash and
> https://buildd.debian.org/sthibault@debian.org
>
> This makes people aware of portability issues; when hurd-i386 moved
> there some years ago, that did make a change: we saw maintainers
> caring and fixing their packages, quite often the fixes are quite
> trivial. It would be useful to see other debian-ports results there
> for portability checking, notably hppa. There is already a link to
> buildd.debian-ports.org, but people do not even notice it, let alone
> think about checking it.

Just one minor aspect from a non-porter maintainer:
I don't care if the build logs are split betwwen buildd.d.o and
buildd.debian-ports.org or merged on one page; but what I would like
in any case is to have a clear indiciation which of the architectures
are release architectures and which aren't.
(Which is not the case currently, as buildd.d.o lists hurd*,
kfreebsd*, sparc and gives no visual clue that they are different.)

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Pink Floyd: Signs of Life