Re: Debian Archive architecture removals

Neil Williams, le Wed 06 May 2015 09:47:36 +0100, a écrit :
> Lack of widespread interest in any particular port is a problem with
> that port not having widespread appeal.

And lack of helping maintainers will entail a lack of working stuff in
the port, and thus a more difficult appeal, and the loop is over.

I agree that maintainers shouldn't be obliged to debug stuff, include
unclear patches etc.

But we do see now and then obvious patches which don't get included.  So
the porters did spend time to make the port support more packages (which
is necessary to get to master and thus win the "FCC" label), and thus
have less time to work on the port itself and make the port appealing,
and only to see their patches being ignored.

Really, I do agree with you to some extent. But the reality is that
quite a few BTS entries get much beyond that extent.

Samuel