Re: Bug #778876: linux-kbuild-3.19 missing from experimental

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 07:15:53PM +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> Bug #778876 is as yet unresolved after 2 months. I can't see any
> discussion of this issue on this list or in the linux-image changelog
> to explain its omission.

Experimental kernels hardly ever get their kbuilds uploaded, and even more
rarely on a timely basis.

> Obviously no DKMS support is available "out of the box as a result of
> this. The linux-image-3.19* and linux-headers-3.19* packages are all
> available.

If you need a newer kernel, you'd be better off using kernel-package
instead.  This way you're not tied by uploads, while still keeping the
benefits of dpkg.

Or, you can wait as we can expect a new kernel in unstable soon.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple