Re: Bits from the dpkg project: 1.17.x series, general news

Hi,

Le 18/04/2015 21:27, Guillem Jover a écrit :

>   Portability in dpkg is very important, to be able to support downstreams
>   and people who use it on other systems, or even package it in other
>   (non-GNU/Linux) distributions. But for many such systems I'm currently
>   porting purely through documentation. And as such, subsequent build and
>   run-time issues are clearly reactive, but I'd like to switch to a more
>   proactive model. So I'd very much appreciate if either interested
>   parties could provide access to such systems, or setup some kind of
>   continuous integration system from git. I'm thinking specifically of
>   systems such as non-glibc based Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Minix,
>   Solaris, Mac OS X, HP-UX and AIX.

Possibly stating the obvious, but a you aware that fink (a package
management system for Mac OS X/Darwin) is based on a dpkg fork? Have you
been in touch with them?

The MacPorts projects also packaged dpkg (1.14.29).

I can presumably update, build and test the macports package
occasionally (it doesn't have an individual maintainer atm), but I
cannot set up an automated framework (although MacPorts does have
autobuilders).

Kind regards, Thibaut.