Re: Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster

Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org> (2015-04-16):
> Background
> ==========
>
> Python 2 is scheduled to be EOL'd upstream officially and for good in 2020.
> We're in 2015 now (wow, that went quickly), and keeping our release cadence up
> (3 years a pop) puts Stretch up in 2018, and Buster in 2021.

Wheezy was first released in May 2013. Jessie gets hopefully released in
April 2015. That doesn't make it 3 years between releases. You should
stop trying to replace 2's with 3's. ;p

> after Python 2 is EOL -- that's right, EOL! Nuts, right?

(Last time EOL approached, it was pushed back by 5 years, so…)

Mraw,
KiBi.