From: Lucas Nussbaum [mailto:leader@debian.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:35 AM
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: Debian Outreach Team Delegation

Dear Developers,

I am happy to announce the creation of the Debian Outreach Team. As highlighted below in the official delegation, the Outreach Team is responsible for coordinating Debian's participation in outreach programs such as Google Summer of Code and Outreachy[1] (formerly GNOME's Outreach Program for Women) -- but not limited to those two.

Initially, the team will be composed of Nicolas Dandrimont, Sylvestre Ledru, Molly de Blanc and Tom Marble. Most of them have previous experience as Debian GSOC and/or OPW admins. They can be reached at <outreach@debian.org> (or will be -- pending DSA creation of the alias), and will have a web page soon at <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Outreach>.

There are also some Debian-only mentorship programs, such as the Debian Women Mentoring Program[2], and DebianMed's Mentoring of the Month (MoM)[3]. Those programs are currently outside of the scope of this delegation, as they do not have the same needs in terms of coordination, funding, selection and ranking.

[1] https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/
[2] https://www.debian.org/women/mentoring
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

Cheers,

- Lucas

Debian Outreach Team delegation

I hereby appoint the following developers as members of the Debian Outreach
Team:

- Nicolas Dandrimont (olasd)
- Sylvestre Ledru    (sylvestre)

Additionally, even though not officially delegated as they are not DDs yet, Tom Marble and Molly de Blanc are also members of the Debian Outreach Team