Re: aptitude has Priority: standard, why?

On Tue, 2015-03-31 at 23:18 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> No, it is not. It used to be, but apt's dependency resolver is far
> superior to aptitude's these days.
Are there so many cases where you need it? I usually just select what I
want and install it...

IMHO aptitude is one of the hearts of Debian, since it makes package
management a pleasure compared to anything else I'd know within or
outside of Debian.

Development seems to be stalled these days, but it still seems to work
quite fine and if aptitude should no longer be installed by default -
then some other packages should come first.

Cheers,
Chris.