Re: Debian Installer Jessie RC 2 release

This is really a question for -user, but...

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 07:13:49PM -0500, kongo sec wrote:
> This may sound completely n00b. But this is my first time trying out Debian RC
> release...how do I update from RC1?

This is an RC of the _installer_, not Debian as a whole, so unless you're going
to re-install, upgrading the installer isn't possible (or useful)

Upgrading Debian as a whole is done through

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

and possibly (if apt tells you that "upgrade" won't touch a number of packages)

apt-get dist-upgrade

Regards,

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26