Bug#781189: ITP: lift -- Integration and functional testing framework
Owner: Nicolas Delvaux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : lift
Version : 2.0.0
Upstream Author : Nicolas Delvaux <email@example.com>
* URL : https://github.com/Malizor/lift
* License : GPL-2+
Programming Lang: Python3
Description : Integration and functional testing framework
Lift provides an integration/functional test platform which handles executable
tests easily and generically.
* Lift only deals with executables and their return code
- A particular test can be written in the language that fit it the most
* Test declaration in a simple YAML syntax
- No need to learn a programming language to integrate a test in a suite
* Easily declare a test as running locally or on a remote machine
* Remote tests: upload needed assets automatically and cleanup afterward
* Naturally organize a test suite in multiple sub-folders/sub-test suites
* Easily run a sub-test suite or specific tests from the command line
* Pass environment variables to tests
* Inheritance of remotes and environment across sub-test suites
- For example, remotes can be defined in the top folder and used below
* Only one command to run all or specific tests: lift
Lift was initially developed for internal QA needs at my job but it was designed
to be generally useful.
There are a lot of testing framework out there, but I didn't find one like
Lift (mainly, not focused on a specific programming language and local/remote
For now, all real-world Lift test-suites that I know of are not public.
Hopefully this will change when the project will be better known.
As I'm not a DD, I will need a sponsor.