Re: jessie for x32

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 03:56:20AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Hi folks!
> Here's some news about the x32 port.  I'm trying a different approach:
> instead of using only packages uploaded by their {,non-}maintainers, as on
> ftp.debian-ports.org which tracks unstable, I'm using a separate repository
> on ftp.debian-x32.org that includes packages with porting patches applied.
> That is, 54 sourceful uploads that unblock further 1427 source packages.

Why not use the infrastructure already available in debian-ports.org for
the same purpose? It is expected that packages in debian-ports sometimes
need patches, and this is perfectly reasonable...

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26