Re: conflicts between Debian's and upstream's Debian package

Hi Daniel,

On 02/20/15 13:09, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> Just to understand your problem: there is a package foo. Debian provides
> it with version 1:A-B and upstream provides some self-compiled packages
> with the same name under version C-D (and C-D < 1:A-B) and you want to
> force apt to install the package from the upstream developers site.

Not exactly: I want to avoid that such a mess happens again.

I think its obvious that a naming conflict should be avoided.
Having 2 source or binary packages with identical names in
2 independent repositories is just asking or troubles.

IMHO there should be a policy for the special case, that
there is a naming conflict between upstream's source or
binary packages, and the packages included in Debian.

Regards
Harri