Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

Hi Andrew,

On 02/17/2015 11:58 AM, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> I find it really rude to send emails of about 300 lines of text in
> total. Extremely rude.

I for one am grateful Luke took the time to write the email he did.  I
understand it was long and I believe that most won't even take the
time to read it.  That is unfortunate, as I feel it is extremely
level-headed and Luke actually wants to work at a resolution, which is
much more than I can say for some of the other discussions I've been
reading to try and keep up and stay informed.

I agree with this. This discussion is really valuable, and i see no flame here. Just a discussion.

And that's what i find really wonderful with open source. You can speak about things, say you are agree or not, and with every single part of discussion, learn. Learning is the most important things in Linux world IMO.

I will use systemd because i like many of the improvements of it, (even if i'm a system administrator lol)  but i want to know why some people don't want to use it.

I learn a lot with that.

The issue is that your reply does not contribute, and instead only
detracts from the conversation.  I think everyone agrees that the more
time we spend discussing the less time we spend developing a solution,
but there is that saying about slowing down to speed up; I think it's
applicable here.

Please, next time, either disregard the email and keep silent, or make
your reply relevant to the conversation.

Understanding, addressing, and resolving these issues is *not a waste
of time*.  If you feel that way, you are welcome to contribute in
other ways.

These are just my thoughts.

--
Nate