Re: packages for adoption: icu, tiff, xerces-c, psutils

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Jay Berkenbilt writes ("packages for adoption: icu, tiff, xerces-c, psutils"):
>> The other two packages are relatively low-effort packages to maintain.
>> The psutils package is dead upstream though there is someone out there
>> who might be interested in taking over upstream. I would introduce him
>> to any new maintainer. The xerces-c package is a library package but a
>> pretty easy one as they go. It has few downstream packages within debian
>> and gets very infrequent upstream releases.
>
> I regularly use psutils and would be happy to take it on.

That's great! Go ahead and retitle the RFA to ITA.

> I guess we should wait until after jessie before formalising this with
> an upload.

Yeah, unlike tiff and icu which have pending rc bugs that can hopefully
be fixed before jessie by my successor, psutils is not likely to have
any issues like that. Feel free to switch RFA to ITA and upload right
after jessie is released. Thanks!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>