Bug#776033: ITP: dex -- generate and execute Application type .desktop files
Owner: James McCoy <email@example.com>
* Package name : dex
Version : 0.7
Upstream Author : Jan Christoph Edersbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://github.com/jceb/dex
* License : GPL 3+
Programming Lang: Python
Description : generate and execute Application type .desktop files
DesktopEntry eXecution implements the Freedesktop.org autostart
specification, independent of any desktop or window manager environment.
Applications may be filtered based on the Desktop Environment advertised
in the .desktop file.
dex can also create a minimal .desktop file for a specified program.
- why is this package useful/relevant?
It enables users of tiling/minimal WMs to easily autostart applications
and applets in their X session.
- is it a dependency for another package?
- do you use it?
- if there are other packages providing similar functionality, how does
Other than manually editing .xsession, I don't know of any in the
- how do you plan to maintain it?