Bug#776019: ITP: normaliz -- math tool for computations in affine monoids, and rational polytopes and cones
Owner: Jerome Benoit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : normaliz
Version : 2.12.2
Upstream Author : Winfried Bruns, Bogdan Ichim, Tim R\"omer and Christof S\"oger <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.home.uni-osnabrueck.de/wbruns/normaliz/
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: C++, Java
Description : math tool for computations in affine monoids, and rational polytopes and cones
Normaliz is a mathematical tool for computations in affine monoids, vector
configurations, lattice polytopes, and rational cones.
Its input data can be specified in terms of:
- a system of generators or vertices;
- a system of linear Diophantine equations, inequalities and congruences;
- a binomial ideal.
- the dual cone of a rational cone (in other words, given generators,
Normaliz computes the defining hyperplanes, and vice versa);
- a placing (or lexicographic) triangulation of a vector configuration
(resulting in a triangulation of the cone generated by it);
- the Hilbert basis of a rational cone;
- the lattice points of a rational polytope;
- the lattice points of a rational (unbounded) polyhedron;
- the normalization of an affine monoid;
- the Hilbert (or Ehrhart) series and the Hilbert (or Ehrhart) (quasi)
polynomial under a Z-grading (for example, for rational polytopes);
- Ehrhart series for semiopen cones;
- generalized (or weighted) Ehrhart series and Lebesgue integrals of
polynomials over rational polytopes via NmzIntegrate (also in the
- a description of the cone and lattice under consideration by a
system of inequalities, equations and congruences.
Normaliz can be started from the command line or from the GUI interface: the
user indicates the type of input data in an input file and controls the
computation and the output via the GUI interface or command line options.