Bug#775876: ITP: crosswalk -- Crosswalk is an app runtime based on Chromium/Blink
Owner: Xinchao He <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : crosswalk
Version : 11.40.277.2
Upstream Author : Crosswalk Dev <email@example.com>
* URL : https://crosswalk-project.org
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: C++
Description : Crosswalk is an app runtime based on Chromium/Blink
Crosswalk is an HTML application runtime, built on open source foundations,
which extends the web platform with new capabilities.
The web platform already has many advantages, from easy cloud services
integration to flexible user interface elements. Recently, the platform has
become even more attractive, with its increased focus on mobile performance and
device APIs. However, for many developers, basic functionality is still
missing, making it hard to adopt the web as it is today.
With Crosswalk, this situation changes. By using Crosswalk, an application
- Use all the features available in modern web browsers: HTML5, CSS3,
- Access the latest recommended and emerging web standards.
- Use experimental APIs not available in mainstream web browsers.
- Control the upgrade cycle of an application by distributing it with its
- Add custom extensions to an application, to leverage platform features
not exposed by Crosswalk or the standardized web platform.
Crosswalk is open source, released under a BSD licence. The project was founded
by Intel's Open Source Technology Center.