Re: GUI Configuration tool for main Debian window managers

On 06/01/15 05:17, john Lutz wrote:
> I was wondering how one would one go about buildinga GUI tool to cover every imaginable setting via a GUIinterface for the majority of standard live and other installedDebian distribtion?.. And what tools / standards
> are required by such?

Hmm... each GUI would be configured in a different way, so I guess that
you'd have to write code for each individual environment. You can make a
basic GUI using zenity.

Alternatively, you could try to combine already existing configuration
tools, like gnome-control-center and xfce4-settings, but I'm not sure
how practical this would be.