Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 17:03 +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> If you can run a CGI inside a chroot/container/whatever, you can run a
> small web server on a local port / Unix socket, and reverse-proxy it,
> just as easily.
Well that's probably roughly the same, although I'd still feel better if
webserver and actual services/programs run with different UIDs, which
seems especially important when one also does DB accesses (i.e. access
control based on the UID).

> FastCGI is just a slightly more fancy way of doing this.
Sure... I didn't meant to exclude FastCGI, but last time I've checked it
didn't allow to run different PHP (talking about the PHP fastcgi version
now) programs to run with different UIDs (all run with that of FPM)...
but maybe I just didn't check carefully enough.

Cheers,
Chris.