Re: Age of built packages to be part of the jessie release?

Svante Signell wrote:

> I wonder how old a package build can be to be part of the release. Some
> packages are built up to a year ago, and rebuilding them now FTBFS.

As others have noted already, there are period archive rebuilds to check
what would now ftbfs.

Slightly orthogonal to your question, "up to a year ago" doesn't come close,
actually... 42% of source packages in jessie were uploaded over a year ago,
25% over two years ago, 15% over three years ago, 9% over four years ago.
Fun fact: there are 64 source packages in jessie that are over 10 years old.

Age of source packages in each release:

	http://ircbots.debian.net/stats/package_ages.png

(note: this is based on source package uploads; binNMUs not included)

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart@debian.org