Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 09:46:13AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
[..snip..]
> Well git-buildpackage obviously needs quite some update:
> - it complains when you're trying to build as soon as you're not in a
>   branch named master (that can be overridden with --git-ignore-branch
>   or setting --git-debian-branch)
> - it hardcodes the "debian/" prefix for tags instead of retrieving it dynamically
> - it uses the "upstream" branch by default in git-import-orig while it should use
>   "upstream/latest" if we follow the current version of the DEP

This mostly means changing the defaults to things we already recommend
in the gbp manual in a similar spirit though not using the exact same
branch names yet as well as using the output of

    dpkg-vendor --query Vendor

for the tag prefix.
Cheers,
 -- Guido