Re: "done with consensus decisionmaking", "war", "rearguard battles" [was: Re: REISSUED CfV: General Resolution: Init system coupling]

On Sun, 09 Nov 2014, Josh Triplett wrote:
> (After repetition of the exact wording of the "We aren't convinced"
> wording that ended up passing, and people pointing out that it *will* be
> interpreted as TC opposition to the switch, which sure enough it did...)

The "we are currently skeptical" wording was not present in the passed
resolution; it was amended in 7a000[1].

That paragraph 4 of that decision could be interpreted as deciding the
switching issue was only clear to me in retrospect, and was certainly
not my intention (and I don't believe it reflects the intention of
anyone else on the CTTE.)

Indeed, paragraph 4 of that decision is actually a reflection of my
personal reluctance to decide this issue in the CTTE without a very
specific technical proposal and thorough testing.

Especially considering that we would be overriding the transition plan
announced in https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/07/msg00611.html
at a very late date.

See
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20141107211930.GM29615@teltox.donarmstrong.com
for my specific response to this issue when it was raised.

1: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/debian-ctte.git/commit/?id=7a0009d350d57b89aa848f4d66a0b40959893373

If you have the slightest bit of intellectual integrity you cannot
support the government. -- anonymous