Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 01:13:34 -0500
To: mime-support@packages.debian.org
Subject: Please add these 5 MIME types to support ClickOnce apps

To help Microsoft Visual Studio "ClickOnce" applications deploy
smoothly, please add to the debian "mime-support" package these MIME
types as described here under "Using Third-Party Web Servers"

application/x-ms-application application
application/x-ms-manifest    manifest
application/octet-stream     deploy
application/octet-stream     msu
application/octet-stream     msp

----- End forwarded message -----

While I would prefer to accept only the addition of information that has also
been submitted to the IANA, this one is backed by upstream documentation, so
I am about to update /etc/mime.types accordingly.

However, before doing so and for the avoidance of doubt, I just would like to
double-check that adding more file suffixes for application/octet-stream is not
going to cause problems.  Currently the only suffix is "bin".  With search
engines I have not found evidence of a problem, but if you know one, please let
me know.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy