Re: dpkg-maintscript-helper symlink_to_dir and dir_to_symlink without Pre-Depends:

Hi,

On Dienstag, 4. November 2014, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> dpkg-maintscript-helper: error: command symlink_to_dir is unknown
> Hint: upgrading dpkg to a newer version might help.

there are none:

holger@pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$ rgrep "command
symlink_to_dir is unknown" */fail */bugged
holger@pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$ find */fail */bugged -name
"*.log"|wc -l
921

So as Jonas indicates, "simple" upgrades don't seem to trigger this bug.

Using piuparts custom-scripts one can teach piuparts almost everything, so it
would certainly be possibel to test more thoroughly for this bug. Just, is it
worth it? (I have no idea, thus I'm asking.)

cheers,
	Holger