Re: systemd - suggestions for the next version

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 09:20:57PM +0100, Kristof Provost wrote:
> On 2014-11-03 19:05:51 (+0100), Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> > I like to keep advertising over and over the awesome grml-rescueboot
> > package which automatically provides in GRUB a copy of the awesome GRML
> > live CD for rescue purposes.
> >
> Ooohh! Why did I not know about that? Thanks!

If you can get as far as fully running grub (ie, the partition with /boot
and thus usually / as well is readable), you can as well boot with the
bestest init system Debian has: the mighty /bin/bash!

That's less powerful than a full rescue CD (can't fsck.btrfs /, recover
from broken ld-linux or libc, etc), but has the advantage of being already
there (so sash is not an option).  init=/bin/bash has saved my bacon a few
times even with simple and reliable sysvinit, I can imagine how useful
it will be with a certain complex monstrosity.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple