tracking state of a binary package

How do I reliably inspect the status of a binary package in Debian?

Concrete example: Which suites contain iceweasel-l10n-ak?

It seems that package exists in Wheezy and Jessie but not Sid.

It is listed at <https://packages.debian.org/source/stable/iceweasel>
but if I follow links to
<https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/iceweasel-l10n-ak> and e.g.
<https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/iceweasel-l10n-af> they show
different versions.

I seem to have heard that binary packages can have different versions
than their source package, but assume that needs special tricks and
highly suspect that's not the case here, but instead something else is
going on.

Reason that particular package caught my attention is that I try have
boxer handle locale coverage for a region (e.g. "include most possible
locale packages for European Union formally supported languages"), and
security releases of Mozilla packages seem to contain not only security
fixes but also new (hence perhaps also dropped?) locale packages.
Changelog of those packages do not seem to cover dropped or newly
introduced binary packages - and anyway I'd prefer some more reliable
method than inspection of changelogs.

 - Jonas